Thursday, July 16, 2009

The mountains and fireworks

On the 4th of July, we decided to drive up into the mountains since the weather was so beautiful. Here are a few pictures of us (my boys) playing in the river. The water wasn't just cold, it was "ice" cold, according to Trevor. Nevertheless, he really enjoyed sticking his feet in and jumping with dad from rock to rock. Taylor took his shoes off and after sticking a toe in said, "shoes back on!" He enjoyed throwing rocks into the water from the side.

That evening we went to Patriot Park to watch the big firework display. I think all of Pigeon Forge was there with us.
















A very tired and serious Taylor

I bought the glow necklaces at the dollar store before our trip. I thought the boys would enjoy them and it even prevented them from asking for the ones on sale there at the park. Who knows how much people were paying for them there?

2 comments:

Melanie Evans said...

Your pictures make me want to take a trip back to G'burg! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

The Baughers said...

Fun pictures! I can just hear Taylor saying he wants his shoes back on-too cute! And great idea with buying the glow necklaces ahead of time!