Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Fun!













Did you notice Trevor's face in the first picture? He is beaming...he loves to celebrate birthdays. It's not a birthday without a cake/candles and a party. So my sweet husband and Trevor baked me a "surprise" cake and put some candles on it for me (Trevor) to blow out. It's funny how your own birthday isn't really about you any more but your kids. Now there were aspects of the day/night that were about me but the majority of the day really was about my kids. Especially since Taylor was up all night before and spent 1 1/2 hours at the Dr. office the day of for an ear infection. Thankfully Todd was able to take him to the Dr. so I didn't have to go. Not really my idea of a great birthday. But at the end of the day after a nice dinner with my hubby, I was thankful for the blessing of another year!

6 comments:

The Baughers said...

Yeah! I've been thinking about you and hoping that you a had a great birthday! Love the cake... but I'm sorry Taylor had an ear infection.:(

Heath and Nikki said...

Happy Birthday friend! I love Trevor's face in that first picture. Priceless :)

Amanda said...

Your husband MADE you a cake?!?! Most girls would be lucky to have a cake bought for them, but homemade??? Impressive. And it even looks good too! Happy B'day!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Happy Birthday!!

I hope you don't mind that I found your blog, I linked over from the Heald's blog. (It's Anne from nursery at church. )

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, I'm impressed with that cake! Tell Todd he has some major skills. I would honestly say I would be scared to eat a cake that Jerrod would make. =) Happy Birthday!!

Ashley said...

Thanks Heather! Your family is so beautiful. You must be having so much fun. I can't believe Ellie will be 1 in a few weeks! It goes by so fast. Happy 31st bday. Mine is today. Yuck! Talk to you later!