Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Tale of Two Brothers

Even though this isn't the best picture of my boys I wanted to write about some of the things they are doing together, how they are playing and loving each other, and how much I love to see them do these things. I don't want to forget some of the cute and sweet things they say to each other during the day. Don't get me wrong we have moments of tears and hurt feelings but I want to focus on the things that make those challenging times well worth the hard work.

Trevor is usually the first one up at our house. He will come into our room and say "Good Morning" and loves to hug and kiss on me and daddy. And asks, "Do you want to snuggle mommy?" Like we have a choice in the matter:) It's a pretty good way to wake up! As soon as Trevor hears Taylor talking he runs into his room and entertains him by singing or reading him a book, for a good 20 minutes some mornings.

Taylor follows Trevor around the house doing exactly what he does to the best of his ability. And when he's not following Trevor he is saying, "Trevor, come on!" And motions with his hand to follow him to their next activity.

We don't watch as much T.V. because they are usually playing trains or cars, reading together or coloring. I love this part! I get so tired of the tube being on and would love for there to be days we don't even touch it. But sometimes we need a little diversion during the day.

When Trevor gets home from school he gives Taylor a pat or big hug and says, "I missed you Taylor." "What did you do today?" Taylor usually responds "Miss you!"

After bath time, Todd usually dries the boys off and sends them out with towels draped from their heads, to me saying "Here come the Gremlins!" They think this is so funny and usually crack up at each other.

Trevor birthday is coming up in just a few weeks and he keeps inviting Taylor to his party at Disney World. It's so sweet that even if we wanted to leave Taylor with my parents that day, we couldn't.

5 comments:

Mis said...

how sweet! i can't wait until my boys play together..hehe!! it happens sometimes, but it's rare!! that is a cute picture of them too!

Heald said...

Sweet Babies. Unfortunately they aren't babies anymore. We are enjoying the simple play time and together time of brothers as well. It's very sweet!

Heald said...

Sweet Babies. Unfortunately they aren't babies anymore. We are enjoying the simple play time and together time of brothers as well. It's very sweet!

The Baughers said...

Oh, I love hearing all that they do together-it's so fun! And great to have a built-in playmate! I'm so thankful our girls are the same way. :)

Susan said...

cute! it's a blessing that you have two boys that are close in age. it probably wouldn't work as well with a little girl in the mix. =) all things happen for a reason!